Whatever may be the cause, when catastrophe strikes a Livingston County commercial business, the damages can be crippling and put the day to day operations to a halt. Every hour spent cleaning is an hour lost of productivity and revenue. Let SERVPRO of Brighton/Howell help you! We have highly trained professional technicians here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year available to properly and efficiently mitigate the damages. Our crews our certified and know the best techniques for restoration!
SERVPRO also offers the Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) a useful tool used to prepare a business for the "worse case scenario." The ERP data is a collection source of all of the most important phone numbers, and information you would need in the case of an emergency.
What to Expect When Calling SERVPRO
Here is a photo, prior to a customer calling SERVPRO
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Brighton/Howell
SERVPRO of Brighton/Howell specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO Protecting your home!
Here is a photo of our crews entering the home with clean booties on.
SERVPRO of Brighton/Howell does everything possible to prevent the homeowner's property and contents from becoming dirty, dusty or damaged during the demolition/ mitigation process. We understand how traumatic the demolition and mitigation process can be, so it is important to us to take the proper precautions for damaging your home any further. Here are a few of the ways we work to keep your home clean and protected from further damage:
- Covering furniture and contents completely with plastic.
- Isolating the area with a containment barrier before the demolition begins to help prevent dust and debris from getting into the cracks and the crevices.
- Our technicians wear foot protection to prevent them from tracking dirt into the home.
- To protect flooring we place a path of cardboard, plastic or cloth is placed over the unaffected areas that lead from the work area to the exit door. This keeps other areas of your home cleaner and prevents the tracking of dust and debris throughout the home.
- When carpets are cleaned, corner guards are used to protect the walls and block/ pads are placed under the furniture to ensure there is no damage to the furniture
Hoarding Situations in Livingston County
Here is a photo of a local home in need of extreme cleaning.
SERVPRO of Brighton/ Howell is dedicated to helping in a time of crisis. We will go above and beyond to help our community in a time of need. Our crews are highly trained, efficient, and have the top equipment in the industry to work on every particular situation. We have specialized products to clean any surface that may be affected. All of our products are safe to use, and each crew member knows exactly what product will do the best on each job. SERVPRO of Brighton/Howell can handle:
- General cleaning
- Hoarder cleaning
- Heavy smoke and nicotine
- Post construction cleans
- Cleaning after an animal infestation,
- Long term neglect of a home
Our crews are trained to handle all types of "Minor" to "Extreme Situations". We can handle all arrangements including dumpster drop off and removal, POD drop off and removal, full pack-out and pack-back services. Our franchise offers a full warehouse located in Brighton to make sure your belonging are kept safe while your home is worked on. SERVPRO offers not only structure but also, content cleaning before items are carefully wrapped and packed away.
Big or small, we are there to help Livingston County in any way we can!
Here is a photo of 3 ft of water sitting in a basement! Make sure you are prepared!
This spring, Michigan has had many rain storms, and with Summer on its way its important for our customers to be prepared. At SERVPRO in Brighton/Howell we like to remind our insurance agents and potential customers that the cost to dry out a basement after a sump pump failure or drain back-up can range from $1,000 to $6,000 or more depending on how elaborate their clients basement is. This price does not include repair to the structure, replacement of destroyed content or repair/replacement to mechanical that may have sustained damage as well. Going through a loss is hard enough without the added stress of finding out there is little or no insurance coverage. Its important to know YOUR coverage, and make sure you are covered properly in the case of a disaster.
Livingston County Fire Clean Up Source
Here is a photo of a local fire in Howell, prior to our crews coming out.
When a fire occurs, often the first instinct is to put on a pair of gloves and start cleaning the mess. Clean-up of fire damage is not the job for a do-it-yourself property owner, the process can be overwhelming and is very complex. It's important to remember that while the physical damage is obvious, the odor and soot cleanup is difficult. Different fire sources require different cleaning procedures to return a residential or commercial property to its preloss condition. Our staff has been certified and trained with industry standards on how to properly care for the items damaged by a fire.
Our experienced technicians have been trained and are certified in how to properly remove soot and smoke from every surface, and SERVPRO has specialized products that aid in the cleaning. Our franchise works with a network of local contractors, that can restore damaged pictures, clothing, electronics, documents and furniture.
Once the affected areas are cleaned, other techniques such as Ozone and Fogging with odor reducing products can be used to rid the structure of the odor that is associated with all fires. Call your fire specialists at SERVPRO of Brighton/Howell. Let us, help you!
Livingston County Kitchen Fire
Here is a local Brighton kitchen fire. Remember our tips to avoid this danger!
Kitchen Fires: There is a fire every single day in Livingston County. You might not always hear about them, but the majority of fires are small kitchen fires. The kitchen is the heart of the home so it's no surprise that cooking fires are one of the most common types of home fires. Kitchen fires typically happen when the stove is left unattended, this can occur at any time of the year. If a fire starts in a pot or pan on the stove, these are some things to remember:
- Most fires can be prevented by never leaving food cooking unattended.
- Water should never be used to try to extinguish a grease fire - This can result in an explosive reaction that could quickly spread the fire throughout the home.
- A method used to extinguish a cooking fire is to keep a lid for the pot or pan nearby. If the contents ignite, quickly cover the pot or pan with the lid and turn off the stove. This takes away the heat and oxygen needed to sustain the fire.
With SERVPRO's knowledge of the mitigation and reconstruction industry you can rest assured that SERVPRO of Brighton/ Howell can bring your home back to preloss condition.
Cleanup of fire damage is not the job for a do-it-yourself property owner. The entire process can be very overwhelming for a homeowner, and SERVPRO is here to help! Its important to remember that while physical damage is obvious, the odor and soot clean up is difficult. Different fire sources require different cleaning procedures to return a residential or commercial property to its preloss condition. Restoration of a property can be very complex and proper smoke and odor removal are tasks that require experienced technicians that are certified in these specific areas. All of our technicians are IICRC certified and have studied the best techniques to restore your home! Don't wait or try to handle this damage on your own, call your fire specials at SERVPRO!
Livingston County Garage Fire Clean-up
Every year SERVPRO of Brighton/Howell is called out to address fires in our county. Many of these fires start in the garage. Most of the fires are caused by electrical shortage/malfunctions or by improperly stored flammable liquids. Its important to stay safe! Follow this simple tips to keep your friends and home safe from possible fires:
- Store oil, gasoline paints, propane and varnishes in a shed away from the home.
- Keep items that can burn on shelves away from appliances
- Plug only one charging appliance into an outlet at a time. Don't use an extension cord when charging an appliance.
If you experience a garage fire let SERVPRO of Brighton/Howell help you! Our team is certified, trained and prepared to bring your home back to like, "it never even happened!"
Prepping for Storms
Here is a tree branch that had fallen onto a homes gutter.
Springtime in Michigan is a beautiful time of year. After our long winters we all get excited with the warmer temperatures and budding trees. Spring time can also bring storms as the weather changes. From strong wind storms, thunderstorms and tornadoes, these storms can cause a lot of destruction. Its important to be prepared for these storms. While mother nature is difficult to predict, here are a few helpful tips:
- Trim any dead or rotting branches near the home or any vehicles.
- Know how to shut off the power to your home as we as gas and water shut off if needed.
- Tie down, or bring anything inside that can blow around or cause destruction. For example, trash cans, patio furniture, children's outdoor toys.
- Set your refrigerator to the coldest setting. If you loose power your food will stay cooler, longer.